|Citizens for Off Leash Areas Seattle.|
|To stay very current on COLA events, activities, and changes to the off leash areas, join the COLA email list. To subscribe or unsubscribe: send to: email@example.com|
What is COLA?
Citizens for Off-Leash Areas (COLA) was formed to obtain and maintain off-leash dog exercise areas in Seattle. In June 1996 COLA entered into a formal agreement with the City of Seattle to steward Seattle's off-leash areas. In September 1997, the Seattle City Council voted 9-0 to establish permanent off-leash dog areas, giving COLA the responsibility of maintaining and stewarding the sites.
COLA was formed in February 1995 by tax-paying citizens seeking off-leash recreational access in some of Seattle's nearly 400 parks, and who believe taking their dogs to supervised off-leash areas is a legitimate recreational and social activity.
COLA members include:
* People with an interest in particular recreational areas
* People interested in strengthening their neighborhood communities and promoting community based activities
* The dog owning community in general
* People concerned with the humane treatment of dogs
* Other organizations working for similar goals
COLA is your point of contact for public officials, the press, other cities, community groups, other dog owners and the population at large on issues related to our mission.
The premiere Off-Leash Newspaper! Summer addition.
The Doggie Doo
THE FIRST ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT