1. Tell us about your experience with dogs?
I was almost biten by a dog when I was a girl.
2. Which off-leash areas have you visited?
I have not visited any.
3. How would you balance the competing desires for dedicated public spaces such as ballfields, off-leash areas, boat launches, etc.?
I think it would work well if there was a designated time for the off leash animals. Why would the dogs be at a boat launch without their owners.
4. Seattle Municipal Code states that the Volunteer Park off-leash area is a temporary site, but it will remain open until another location on Capitol Hill can be found for a permanent off-leash area. If no other location can be found on Capitol Hill, as a Councilmember would you vote to make the temporary site a permanent site?
I will take this under consideration
5. How would you allocate funding amongst competing city-supported recreational activities: i.e. ballfields, off-leash areas, boat launches, etc.?
#1. Ballfields #2. Boat launches and off leash areas!
6. Given that off-leash areas have proved to build community, deter crime, and provide a place for voting, taxpaying citizens to recreate with their family and pets, where would you support siting additional off-leash areas?
You seem to have covered the large area parks, I believe dogs need to be free to run.
7. When you are elected to the Seattle City Council, will you vote to support off-leash areas?
8. If you donít respond to this survey, can we assume that you believe dog off-leash areas are "for the birds"?
9. Please add any comments you would like to share with our members and supporters.
Just this past spring at a school playground a dog took the top of a little boys head off. That dog should have been on a leash, and should not have been on the playground with the children and without an adult.